Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ink Review: J.Herbin Rouge Caroubier




This is a nice shade of red over all, but it is not one that I personally see myself using a lot. I tend to prefer deeper reds, but if you like lighter reds this one may be more to your liking. The flow started slightly dry but as I wrote, it improved so it may have been a nib problem instead of an ink one. I could not see much shading on it, there is very slight feather on very wet sections no bleed through. Slight shadowing that might keep you from writing on the other side.

The ink does get much less intense with a finer nib and that is one of the reasons I do not like it as much. The dry time is reasonable and this ink would be okay for lefties.It does not deal well with water at all. While it is not my favorite Herbin, I would not turn anyone away from using it if they like the shade. The ink behaves well it just is not a shade for me.



Click to Enlarge


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin